Join us in Des Moines. IA on January 12-14, 2017
Hotel InformationDes Moines Downtown Marriott
700 Grand Avenue
Des Moines , IA 50309
Book your hotel room! Be sure to reference either “STE” or the “Association for Science Teacher Education” in your order.
The Des Moines Downtown Marriott is essentially full. There may be some rooms available depending on which nights you want, and if another group releases some of their block.
ASTE has arranged an overflow block contract at the Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown. It is located at 418 6th Avenue – across the street and down a block from the back entrance to the Marriott. The rate is $135 per night for singles or doubles. Directions for making a reservation are listed below:
- Go to the Hyatt home page at http://desmoines.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html.
- Select the appropriate dates when you’ll be staying at our property
- Click the plus sign (+) next to “Special Rates” and a drop-down will appear
- Select the bullet point “Corporate or Group Code”
- Enter your Group’s code G-ASTE
- Select “Check Availability”
- Your group’s rate should appear ($135), select, and you can continue with the reservation
- Once all contact info and CC are finalized, you will receive a confirmation number via email to finalize the dates, rate, and block.
OR You can call in your reservation at 1-800-634-3839 and request for the Association for Science Teacher Education Group Block. The Hyatt block will fill up quickly, so get your reservation in place ASAP.
- The Hampton Inn and Suites also has limited rooms available for $139 (last time I checked), however it is about 8 blocks to the Marriott. We do not have a contract with them, so rates may change from what is listed here.
- The Des Lux Hotel is close by – but rooms are expensive. We do not have a contract with them.
- There is a new Staybridge Suites across the river in the East Village. It is walkable, but plan on at least 20 minutes.