Award III Outstanding Longtime Service to ASTE
Score Sheet Criteria for Award III
Any science educator shall be eligible for election as a recipient of the ASTE Award III Outstanding Longtime Service to ASTE, providing that such person shall have demonstrated a distinguished career in service specifically to ASTE in the area of the education of teachers in science.
Nominations for ASTE Award III shall be proposed in writing by at least five active members of ASTE. Such nominations shall be supported by appropriate bibliographical information.
Committee member’s initials: __________ Rank order of Nominee: ________
Graded on a 10 point scale.
- Five active members of ASTE have submitted written nominations for the person named above. These members have a clear and strong connection to ASTE, including both membership and service.
- All required documentation has been supplied by the nominee and provides sufficient evidence of nominee’s longtime (>15 years), active participation in the ASTE conferences. In particular, the nomination package shows the nominee’s involvement through continued paper, poster, or roundtable presentations at national and/or regional ASTE conferences.
- All required documentation has been supplied by the nominee and provides sufficient evidence of nominee’s longtime (> 15 years), active service involvement to ASTE. This service may include some or all of the following: proposal review for regional or national meetings, involvement in conference planning at national and/or regional levels (e.g., strand coordinator, conference planning committee), committee involvement, and/or other ASTE leadership activities.
- The nominee has demonstrated service and leadership beyond ASTE in the area of science teacher education. This includes mentorship of teachers and teacher educators and service to other science education organizations.
- The nominee’s teaching and research record reflects the mission of ASTE to promote excellence in science teacher education through scholarship and innovation.
Note: The Chair of the Awards Committee shall forward the list of nominees for ASTE Award III Outstanding Longtime Service to ASTE to the Board of Directors. Duly proposed nominees for such membership, upon receiving endorsement of three-fourths of the Board of Directors voting, shall be declared elected. Multiple awards can be given in a single year.