Dear ASTE Members,
- April 12-17 Elementary
- April 19-24 Middle Level
- April 26-May 1 High School
- May 3-8 Postsecondary and Informal (*one day exclusively dedicated to programming for science teacher educators)
As an affiliate of NSTA, ASTE is provided with 5 hours of programming at the upcoming NSTA Engage Conference. These proposals will undergo a review by ASTE prior to acceptance, and should not be submitted directly to the NSTA conference proposal system.
Proposals are due Wednesday, February 10th and will be evaluated on the extent to which they:
- Support specifically identified parts of the NRC Framework, the NGSS, or state standards.
- Support three-dimensional teaching and learning.
- Are based on current and available research.
- Involve participants through activities or discussion.
- Are grounded in cultural competency (promotes equity, demonstrates the value of diversity, and addresses the impact of bias).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Debi Hanuscin (firstname.lastname@example.org).