This is a formal call to members of the Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE) to serve on the Editorial Review Board (ERB) for the Science Education section of the online journal Contemporary Issues of Technology in Education (CITE). We are seeking reviewers from diverse backgrounds with experience implementing technology with science teaching.
The CITE Journal is an online, peer-reviewed journal, established and jointly sponsored by five professional associations (ASTE, AMTE, NCSS, CEE, and SITE). This is the only joint venture of this kind in the field of teacher education. Each professional association has sole responsibility for editorial review of articles in its discipline. The online journal format enables authors to demonstrate the technologies about which they are writing, including video and audio segments, animation, virtual reality, Web links, and simulations. The current issue of the journal may be accessed at http://www.citejournal.org.
The Science Education section is especially committed to publishing articles that demonstrate how science learning is enhanced by the meaningful integration of technology. We seek reviewers who are familiar with both science education and technology education literature and addresses both of these areas in their research.
· Established record of publishing in peer-reviewed science education and technology integration practitioner and/or research journals.
· Prior experience as a reviewer for other research journals, grants, or other scholarly works.
· Expertise in teacher education (preservice, induction, or inservice, and areas of specialization within these domains can include curriculum development, technology, or informal settings).
· Maintain membership with the Association for Science Teacher Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Read and evaluate approximately 2 to 4 manuscripts per year.
· Commit to serving on the ERB for three years (ERBs will be reviewed yearly).
· Provide written reports and formative feedback on submitted manuscripts using the criteria and evaluation form provided by the Editors.
· Review manuscripts within four weeks of receipt.
· Provide feedback to the editors about the journal direction and review process.
· Help recruit high impact authors for the journal (especially ASTE members)
Any questions regarding the journal or Editorial Review Board should be directed to the current editors –
Andrea Burrows: Andrea.Burrows@uwyo.edu and Helen Meyer: Helen.Meyer@uc.edu
To apply, please electronically submit the following materials to Andrea Burrows (Andrea.Burrows@uwyo.edu) and Helen Meyer (Helen.Meyer@uc.edu)
1. A cover letter that includes a list of at least three areas of expertise in science teacher education and technology in which you would be comfortable reviewing manuscripts.
2. A two-page vita that emphasizes publications in refereed journals, especially practitioner journals, and includes any previous reviewing or editing experience.
3. These two documents should be combined into a single pdf file labeled with the name of the applicant, CITE Science ERB, and date (e.g., Smithson_Jane_CITEScienceERB_June2020).
4. The email subject bar should mirror the name of the document (e.g., Smithson_Jane_CITEScienceERB_June2020)
Deadline for ERB applications is June 5, 2020
(Note – If possible we request ERB applications by Monday, May 11,
but applications are accepted through June 5, 2020)