This is a formal call to ALL members of the Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE) who would like to serve on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Science Teacher Education (JSTE). We are seeking both U.S. and International applicants.JSTE is the flagship journal of the Association for Science Teacher Education. It serves as aforum for disseminating high quality research and theoretical position papers concerning preservice and inservice science teacher education. The journal publishes eight issues per year, featuring empirical research and theoretical articles focused on science teacher education that have the potential to improve the teaching and learning of science, professional development, and teacher recruitment and retention at all grade levels.
We are seeking International applicants as well as U.S. applicants, who are ASTE members and may be working in a variety of contexts (i.e., university faculty, graduate students, and science educators working in the private sector). There are two key criteria considered for selection – 1) expertise in science teacher education and 2) experience as an editorial reviewer.
● Competence in research and/or methodology within some aspect of science teacher education.
● Ability to judge the quality of a manuscript within an area of science teacher education.
● Ability to identify particular strengths and weaknesses of a manuscript and, in a professional
manner, offer suggestions for revising manuscripts.
● Established record of publication in peer-reviewed science education and/or related journals.
● Established record as an editorial reviewer for peer-reviewed science education journals and/or proposals for professional science education conferences.
Duties and Responsibilities if Selected:
● Read and evaluate approximately six manuscripts per year.
● Provide written reports on manuscripts reviewed using the criteria and evaluation form provided by the Editor(s).
● Review manuscripts within four weeks of receipt.
The role of reviewer is central to maintaining the quality of the journal. As such, we as Co-Editors in Chief work carefully to support reviewers to ensure the standing of JSTE into the future.
To apply, please submit electronically the following materials to Wayne Melville, Geeta Verma, and Todd Campbell at email@example.com by Aug 15, 2019:
1. A letter of interest that addresses the qualifications listed above, as well as a list of at least four areas of expertise in science teacher education in which you would be comfortable reviewing manuscripts.
2. A two-page vita that emphasizes publications in refereed journals and previous reviewing or editing experience.