This is a formal call to ALL members of the Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE) who would like to serve on the Editorial Review Board (ERB) for the practitioner journal Innovations in Science Teacher Education (Innovations).
Innovations is an online practitioner development journal of the Association for Science Teacher Education. Innovations is a journal where science teacher educators can share the work they do to prepare preservice science teachers and provide professional development for inservice science teachers. The journal publishes four issues per year, featuring concrete ideas and strategies that are easily replicable by science educators in their own setting, context, and with their unique student population. The activities, ideas and strategies described in the manuscripts must be based on a firm foundation of scholarly work in science education and should describe innovative efforts to advance the field and enhance science teacher education.
We are seeking U.S. and international applicants, who are ASTE members but may at different stages in their careers and/or working in a variety of contexts (i.e., university faculty, graduate students, and formal or informal science educators working in private sector or nonprofit centers focused on science teacher professional development).
● Established record of publishing in, or reviewing for, peer-reviewed science education practitioner and/or research journals.
● Prior experience as a reviewer for grants or other scholarly works.
● Expertise in teacher education (preservice, induction, and inservice). Areas within these domains can focus on curriculum development, technology, or informal settings.
Duties and Responsibilities if Selected:
● Read and evaluate approximately 4-6 manuscripts per year in a timely manner.
● Review manuscripts within four weeks of receipt.
● Maintain membership in the Association for Science Teacher Education.
● Commit to serving on the ERB for three years (ERBs will be reviewed yearly).
● Provide written reports and formative feedback on submitted manuscripts using the criteria and evaluation form provided by the Editors.
● Provide feedback to the editors about the journal direction and review process.
● Help recruit high impact authors for the journal.
To apply, please submit electronically in a SINGLE PDF the following materials to Rommel Miranda at Rmiranda@towson.edu by March 13, 2020
● One-page letter of interest that includes a list of at least three areas of expertise in science teacher education in which you would be comfortable reviewing manuscripts.
● Two-page vita that emphasizes publications in refereed journals, especially practitioner journals, and includes any previous reviewing or editing experience.