The ASTE Community
The ASTE community is welcoming and inclusive of anyone interested in the preparation of science teachers at all levels including:
- Professors of science and/or education
- Professional developers and coordinators of science in K12 and informal settings
- Policy, curriculum, or teacher preparation program leaders
- Graduate students in science education
In addition to the value in belonging to a vibrant community of professionals interested in science teacher education from the United States and beyond, membership in ASTE comes with an ever-growing list of benefits including:
- Discounted registration to the ASTE Annual Meeting (held in January)
- Free subscription to ASTE’s flagship publication, the Journal of Science Teacher Education
- Exclusive access to ASTE’s online journal Innovations in Science Teacher Education
- Subscribe to Science Education at member rates
- Access to Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE): an online, peer-reviewed journal, established and jointly sponsored by five professional associations (AMTE, ASTE, NCSS-CUFA, CEE, and SITE).
- Discounts on ASTE sponsored monographs and publications
- Regular news and updates through the ASTE Newsletter (published quarterly)
- Access to members-only list of Job Postings in science teacher education
- Opportunities to network online and in-person with other professionals with common interests
2018 Membership Rates
Membership in ASTE is for the calendar year.
- Regular Membership – $100 Applies to U.S. or International Members
- Student Membership -$60
In order to qualify to be an ASTE member at the student level, the following must apply: 1) You are full-time student at an accredited University/College, 2) You do not already hold a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.), 3) You can provide contact information for a faculty member at you institution that is willing to verify your status as a student and be your faculty sponsor.
- Retired Membership – $35
Must be 65 years or older OR hold Emeritus faculty status at an accredited academic institution.
Members may also join an ASTE region. Typically, these are the states associated with each U.S. region.
North-East: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT
South-East: AL, FL, GA, LA, southern parts of MO, MS, SC
Mid-Atlantic: DC, DE, KY, MD, NC, southern parts of OH, TN, VA, WV
North-Central: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, northern parts of MO, ND, northern parts of OH, SD, NE, WI
North-West: ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
South-West: AR, CO, KS, NM, OK, TX, UT
Far West: AK, AZ, CA, HI, NV
International: Any Resident outside of the United States
Dr. Bob Hollon
ASTE Executive Director
9324 27th Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54703