Join us in Greenville, SC on January 6-8, 2022
2021 Conference Theme: Why science education?
Physicist James Trefil suggested that before we can answer the question of what constitutes good science education and how to teach, we must first consider the why. As we heal from the pandemic, consider the impacts of climate change, social justice issues, and learn from robots exploring the surface of Mars, we have chosen as the conference theme “Why Science Education?” as an invitation to reflect upon and explore the why, what and how of science education in the 21st century.
Call for Proposals
Conference Planning Committee
- Committee Chair, Andrea Carneal Burrows
- Local Conference Chair: Michael Svec
- Program Coordinator, Brooke Whitworth
- Graduate Student Member, Drew Gossen
- Ex Officio Members:
- ASTE President, Debi Hanuscin
- Director of Electronic Services, John Rhea
- Equity Committee Representative, Phillip Short
- Executive Director, Kate Popejoy
Local Planning Team:
- Jennifer Albert, Nate Carnes, Cynthia Deaton, Merrie Koester, Christine Lotter, Stephen Thompson, Meta Van Sickle, William Veal