Conference Preview Recording
Ready to attend the Association for Science Teacher Education Annual Conference? We will use an online platform called Whova for our event. You can Download the Whova app to access the event:
- View the event agenda and plan your personal schedule
- Access to documents and slides shared by organizers or speakers
- Find who else is attending this event and reach out to people ahead of time
- Plan some social activities such as a morning run, coffee hours, or meet-ups with your fellow attendees. You can even post job openings.
- Receive updates such as last minute session changes from the organizers
The SASTE region and conference planning committee invite you to join us in New Orleans at the Sheraton on Canal St. near the historic French Quarter next January! Pre-conference adventures begin on Wednesday, January 10th and conclude with the ASTE awards and business luncheon on Saturday, January 13th.
Here are some reasons to visit this unique southern city.
- Weather: The weather is mild and you can leave your parka at home!
- Food: There are over 1,400 restaurants in New Orleans. The city is home to some of the world’s most unique cuisines. When you come to New Orleans, come hungry.
- Music and nightlife: Jazz bands play live music on the street and in venues such as the famous Preservation Hall.
- History: The city’s historic architecture was constructed over a period of almost three hundred years. New Orleans is home to the National World War II Museum and the Backstreet Cultural Museum among others.
- Nature: Visit the Audubon Aquarium, Insectarium and Zoo, which are all in the city. Take a short drive to explore the swamps, marshes and bayous of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve.
We look forward to hosting you in THE BIG EASY!
Hotel reservations are now available!
Additional Meeting Activities
Field Trip 1 – Coastal Education Research Facility
Wednesday, January 10; 8:00am – 4:00pm
Field Trip 2 – Honey Island Swamp Tour
Wednesday, January 10; 12:30pm – 5:00pm
The 2024 ASTE Science Teacher Shuffle – 3 mile Fun Run/ 2 mile Walk
As you are in the thick of this academic year and start thinking ahead to ASTE? Remember there’s a great way to start off the conference. Yes, it’s the Science Teacher Shuffle! Join us for a 3 mile fun run or a 2 mile walk. We’ll again be meeting in the conference hotel lobby (Sheraton on Canal St.) on Thursday, January 11th at 6:30 AM to kick off the conference. Start the day with a little exercise in a non-threatening atmosphere, with terrific company! The race is free!
ASTE New Orleans 2 mile walk (Map My Run)
ASTE New Orleans Fun Run 5K (Map My Run)
3-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition & Graduate Student Forum (GSF) Social
Meeting Resources & Links
Photos courtesy of https://www.neworleans.com/