The SASTE region and conference planning committee invite you to join us in New Orleans at the Sheraton on Canal St. near the historic French Quarter next January! Pre-conference adventures begin on Wednesday, January 10th and conclude with the ASTE awards and business luncheon on Saturday, January 13th.
Here are some reasons to visit this unique southern city.
- Weather: The weather is mild and you can leave your parka at home!
- Food: There are over 1,400 restaurants in New Orleans. The city is home to some of the world’s most unique cuisines. When you come to New Orleans, come hungry.
- Music and nightlife: Jazz bands play live music on the street and in venues such as the famous Preservation Hall.
- History: The city’s historic architecture was constructed over a period of almost three hundred years. New Orleans is home to the National World War II Museum and the Backstreet Cultural Museum among others.
- Nature: Visit the Audubon Aquarium, Insectarium and Zoo, which are all in the city. Take a short drive to explore the swamps, marshes and bayous of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve.
We look forward to hosting you in THE BIG EASY!
Photos courtesy of https://www.neworleans.com/